stardvdcity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OZ Seasons 1-6 DVD

Go down

OZ Seasons 1-6 DVD Empty OZ Seasons 1-6 DVD

Post  andychen Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Wow. From the first episode you feel as if you are hooked in, although I dont want to dive too much into the show itself (just skim it) you find that this show, apart from its hard hitting grit and honesty (maybe it is? I dont know, ive never been to prison) dealing with drugs, ethnic grouping, racist attacks, homosexuality, violence and spiritual guidance, this show has something for everyone to walk away with and contemplate as it does dictate a lot of what our soceity is like, even if we have to look at a test subject that is criminal and locked up.

Few warnings though:

Not for the faint hearted: If you are conservative in nature, I would not suggest watching this show, as some of what happens is REALLY harsh (especially as seasons go on)

Not for children: I personally dont believe that people who are under the age of 17 should be watching this show, as it contains graphic sexual scenes and nudity.

Dont watch this if you are a devote prison break fan: This show just makes it look like a joke! Although only the first season of the show was in prison, the realism (if they even tried for that) just doesnt compare to how hard up prisoners really have it, which i feel OZ may convey much better. Tea bag? More like hand bag! Compared to characters like Shillinger and Ada Beisi he is TAME.

On the continual arguments with pricing and dvd quality:

Despite claims in these previous reviews, I have yet to find a problem with this six season set.

Although, I have to admit, the menu's are seemingly primative and quite long in loading up (panning through computer graphics etc which gets annoying) but the quality is still great.

I also dont see how this boxset is seen as expensive. At the time fo this review (28/7/07) the entire show in this offer costs $208, If you look to buy all seasons seperatly, it will cost you an extra $8 dollars, which you could just spend on getting a better delivery service.

When I bought this show (about 4 months ago) I payed about $170. So at this point in time I do find it a bit pricey and would suggest watching it since prices go up and down. I personally feel though even at 208 USD, its still
worth it.

Tour of Duty DVD 1-3
MI-5 DVD 1-8
Will And Grace DVD 1-8
The Office DVD 1-5
Two and a Half Men DVD 1-6
House M.D DVD 1-5
The Wire DVD 1-5
CSI Lasvegas DVD 1-9
Navy NCIS DVD 1-6

andychen

Back to top Go down