stardvdcity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 (Twenty-four) Seasons 1-7 DVD

Go down

24 (Twenty-four) Seasons 1-7 DVD Empty 24 (Twenty-four) Seasons 1-7 DVD

Post  andychen Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 pm

I've been watching 24 since the very beginning of Season 1, and it has always been my favorite show. Even though Season 6 had it's flaws, I still enjoyed it.

It's true though that 24 needs a breath of fresh air. Season 6, while good, was basically a rehash of all the things Jack has gone through for 7 seasons. I liked for th emost part that the focus was on Jack, and we weren't bogged down with various subplots involving killer ex-girlfriends who are really moles for some scheming political person, etc etc. Though there were hints of that throughout this movie, it was mainly to setup the events of Season 7.

I noticed a few different shooting tactics and a little different acting here and there.We don't really get an incredible back story on how Jack got to africa and how he befriended Benton, but we do understand Jack is on the run.

I liked Redemption, but didn't love it. For a "tv movie" I could have used a little more action, a couple more fights, a little more intensity. Especially since they've packaged it as a stand alone DVD. There was one realy notable scene, and that was the school raid where you see Jack at his best, but other than that, nothing was really too intense or stood out incredibly well.

If you didn't know a bit of the backstory you could somewhat understand that the main character is on the run, but to really get the most out of it you'd need to know a little about Season 6.

I'll say that I most enjoyed Jack and the movie itself when it was in Africa. I felt it was a nice breath of fresh air and we got to see Jack in a completely different environment that what we are used to. I'm not sure how much more we'll get to see of that since Jack seems to be headed back to America, but since no loose ends were tied up with the villians in Africa I think they'll be back.

This season really needs to ruffle and change things up I think, for 24 to really continue. It looks like it has all the makings of that, with what has been setup so far and judging from the previews. But like we learned from the last few seasons, it's easy for them to fall into the same old trap. There always seems to be a mole, chloe always seems to be going behind CTU Head's back, there is always some silly subplot with an ex girlfriend somewhere who is now an insider, etc. 24 is always at it's best when Jack is on screen and that's what I enjoyed about this movie. Jack is giving a good bit of screen time to shine. I wish it would have been more about him and less about setting up the 7th season, but I'm not dissapointed in the movie.

As for the DVD itself, it's pretty good. Nothing stellar. I bought it for 5 bucks more at target which sucks, but for 15 bucks it's not bad. There's nothing really outstanding on the disc, a political "featurette" about trouble in Africa, and a little commentary, but nothing special. This disc is mainly for people already familiar with 24 and fans of the series. If you've never seen 24 before and happened upon this, you'll surely enjoy it as a movie if you know a little bit of the backstory. A season 6 "recap" is on the disc so you can get up to speed.

To me 24 has always been the best show on tv. I like it's random bursts of violence and the twists and intrigue. Other shows like Law & Order and the Unit tend to get preachy on the "doo gooder" side of things, but 24 doesn't care. It will let you know that when it comes to protecting America, Jack will rip of terrorists eyes out before he let's harm come to it. They've never been apologetic about that and have never backed down to "demands" from people to tone it down, and that's why it's going strong for 7 seasons.

Walt Disney DVD 172 discs
The Closer DVD 1-4
24 DVD 1-7
Criminal Minds DVD 1-4
Weeds DVD 1-5
Desperate Housewives DVD 1-5
Walt Disney DVD 164 discs
Battlestar Galactica DVD 1-4
Brainy Baby DVD
The Wire DVD 1-5
Cold Case DVD 1-6

andychen