stardvdcity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond 007

Go down

James Bond 007 Empty James Bond 007

Post  andychen Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Welcome to Volume 1 of the Ultimate James Bond DVD collection!

This first one contains five films. One, "Goldfinger", is the best of the franchise. The others... well, they're at least tolerable (though there's a scene with a slide whistle in "The Man with the Golden Gun" that's completely inexcusable).

You can get these movies seperately in single-disc form, or you can do what I did and buy this collection! Not only do you get all the movies in pristine new transfers, along with 5.1 surround, but you also get a second disc for each movie loaded with more extras than you can imagine. Behind-the-scenes stuff, rare outtakes, radio ads, trailers (check out some of the black and white TV trailers for "Goldfinger"!). It's pretty comprehensive for each movie.

As for the films themselves, well... like I said, one of the five is excellent. I wouldn't buy this set for the others in it, but they are worth having if you're a completist. "Goldfinger" is wonderful. "Diamonds are Forever", "The Living Daylights" and "The World is Not Enough" are reasonably entertaining. "The Man With the Golden Gun" is saved from a world of total suck by having Christopher Lee as the bad guy and also has some pretty impessive sets. Not really worth watching otherwise.

The selection of movies gets this set three stars. The extras boost it up to five. A nice average of four stars is what we end up with. Definately worth owning!

Criminal Minds DVD 1-4
Weeds DVD 1-5
Desperate Housewives DVD 1-5
Walt Disney DVD 164 discs
Battlestar Galactica DVD 1-4
Brainy Baby DVD
The Wire DVD 1-5
Cold Case DVD 1-6
The Sopranos DVD 1-6
How I Met Your Mother DVD 1-4
Family Guy DVD 1-7
The L Word DVD 1-6